Wednesday, September 25, 2002

The truth is that the masterpiece conspiracy is being played out by our enemy, our adversary. And he plays us like puppets. How you ask? He entices us with whatever we want. For some he uses greed, others fear. Still others he will use pride (that's what he gets me with).

Human nature is so predictable, and he knows us all to well. He knew just what to say to eve. He knows just what to say to you and I.

So I look at our current system of taxation, and what it protects and what it tries to destroy. My point is that you can see the hands of the enemy on every part.

As the power of government grows, the enemy infects the system to do his own will. People who would place their trust in God, trust in government to take care of them if anything fails. And it protects its own interest.

In Seattle they passed this big housing levy. In the picture on the paper you see all of the liberal democrats. So who are the people getting very cheap housing because of the levy going to vote for? The big democrats. So what do republicans do? The same thing. Its all about getting and preserving power. How much pork can they bring home? But at least the republicans will appoint judges that are more right thinking than the dems.

I am reading 1984 for the first time. Are we going there?

totalitarianism
n 1: a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
2: the principle of complete and unrestricted power in government

tyranny
n 1: a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
2: dominance through threat of punishment and violence

Where would it end? I think that the enemy wants it to end with complete servitude to the state and a renouncing of God. Right now we are somewhere in between. Things are in place to take us to that next level. We renounce God by declaring dependence on the state. Well I choose to declare dependence on God!

I had a dream when I was in the second grade. That the Mark of the Beast was sent out by mail and that most of the kids in my class had taken the Mark. I can still remember the feeling that it was too late for them. I remember getting my first Visa Debit card in 1992. It would take the money right out of my checking account. How convenient. I hesitated getting it because I felt it would be another step towards a cashless society. At the time I was a firm believer that the Tribulation was just around the corner. Well how I look at end times prophecy has greatly changed since then. I don't buy into the formulas like I used to. My view on the rapture is that I cant find it in the Bible. If Christians would stop looking to fly away and start standing for what is right and passing a godly inheritance to their grandchildren, they would see that it is very important to hold the line on freedom. The enemy never takes breaks. Being a good steward of God's money does not include donating 50% to an immoral bloated bureaucracy. More to come later.

In reading 1984 I am so glad that I have the right to keep a journal. And I can share it online. The power of the blog goes only as far as people will identify with me and band together. I love it. It is the freedom to stand together that we still have. A blog that never gets updated will draw no readership. I read Doug's blog not because I agree with him on everything, but because he is in the middle of defying the IRS. I will learn from his mistakes, just as I hope you will learn from mine. None of us are perfect, but together we are strong. We have many freedoms that must be exercised if we want to keep them.