Monday, October 07, 2002

Some random thoughts,
perspective, government as our parent? No. Flow of authority, comes from God, given to men, men can form a body politic. Our founders formed a republic after declaring and fighting for independence from the British Empire. The law of the land is the Constitution of the United States.

So the flow of authority comes from our constitution, so like a child that steps outside his boundries, we must learn to say no. The government is not our parent, its only authority is what we give it. I choose to not let this child run over me. I refuse to give a tyrant authority. Do you give a bum on the street $1000? Why not? That is the same reason you dont give authority to a tyrant.

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."
--The Declaration of Independence

I withdraw my consent.

- more random thoughts

What is wealth? Basicly our money is just an illussion. But how do we play the game? Once you understand how our economy works you can see that the rules can be bent, like in the Matrix. Not like defying gravity, but defying the illigitement government.

--last night

Well to an educational meeting last night. Glad my wife didnt go. She would have thought these guys were weird, I thought they were wierd. But I am sure they would take that as a compliment :) I got a look at another side of the Patriot movement. An idea that we can discharge debt on the principle that there is already a bond that we can access. What I dont like about this idea is that it can apeal to a sese of greed. Getting something that you do not work for. At this point I am not interested in that. But it was good to get another perspective.