Wednesday, June 04, 2003

I was not able to hear the interview with this man on Kirby Wilbur's show yesterday morning but here is the news article. The goblin died later after waiting 11 hours to call police. What is not in the story is that the perp had 2 strikes and in Wash State 3 strikes means life in prison without parole. Listen to these quotes by the home owner.

"He didn't stop coming toward me until he was looking down the barrel of a 9 mm," said the 64-year-old homeowner, who didn't want to be identified out of fear for his safety.

"I shot him so that all he had to do was go to the doctor," said the homeowner, who asked not to be identified for his safety. "I didn't shoot him in a critical place. It was over 12 hours that he had to get help."

"I thought he was going to take off, but he turned back around and he said, 'I'm going to get you,'" the homeowner said. "That's when I shot him."

"He thought he had a helpless victim," the homeowner said of the man he shot. "All of a sudden he realized he wasn't in charge any more."

Good job sir! Thank you for defending those around you. South 88th Street is safer now that you have made it known that "someone" on that road has a 9mm and will use it.