Friday, September 05, 2003

Kim gives it straight, but with some language, beware of bad words. He is honest and I am right with him. I dont have the answers either! It is so frustrating. Almost makes me want to live in a cabin in the woods. But our family is placed where we are for a reason. We will follow where the Lord leads us.

Kim du Toit - Daily Rant:
"The truth is that most conservatives can only wish that Republicans were half as bad as the Democrats paint them. Instead, as I've said, the Republicans are by and large a miserable bunch of weasels.

Were the stakes not so high, I'd refuse to vote at all, in a flash.

My innate responsibility will not let me do that, and so I will probably vote Republican in 2004.

But I have to tell you: I really, really resent the fact that the Republicans know this about us conservatives, and cynically count on this to ensure that we vote for them.

After all, goes the Republican sneer, where else are you going to go?

Let me tell you, my weak-kneed little buddies: you really don't want to know the answer to that question.

Conservative patience is not limitless.

I remember reading about a passionate gun-rights guy who, back in 2000 planned to vote for Al Gore. When asked why he was going to do that, he replied: 'Because if the country's going to be disarmed, I'd rather it happened sooner or later, and because I'd rather fight that battle than have my son fight it.'

On a much larger scale, I know exactly how he felt.

I really wish that Samuel Adams, George Washington and their kind were here today. We need their help, badly. "

Which again brings me to the issue of the formation of a new party. Men like Samuel Adams, George Washington and Patrick Henry valued liberty more than power. And it is that power that corrupts. That is why our founders limited our form of government. Because they did not trust themselves with that power, and they would not trust posterity with it either. They believed that the fire of government must be contained within the hearth of the constitution. Well now we have bonfire that is out of control. Our house is on fire and we wonder why our backsides are freezing as we watch our house go up in flames. Thoughts?